10 Cool Facts about Wool
It's no secret, we love wool! It's an incredible natural fiber that not only prevents blisters and hot-spots, but is also fire-resistant and helps regulate your body temperature. Check out these ten fun facts and see why wool is so amazing!
1. Humans have been wearing wool since the Stone Age. Surely that must say something about the quality of the fabric!
2. Wool provides natural UV protection - for both humans and sheep alike!
3. You've probably heard that wool "doesn't stink." That's because it is naturally anti-microbial, which helps reduce stinky bacteria growth in garments.
4. Wool garments are typically longer lasting than those made of cotton or silk. A wool fiber can be bent 20,000 times before breaking, whereas cotton breaks after 3,000 bends.
5. Did you know a single fiber of wool is thinner than a single human hair?
6. Wool is not only biodegradable, it's also reusable... which makes eNZees Foot Soother most eco-friendly form of preventing blisters. No need for disposable tape or bandages!
7. During the Medieval times, hosiery was actually made from wool!
8. Sure, we all know sheep and alpacas make wool, but did you know camels, llamas, and yaks can produce wool as well?
9. Alpaca wool can come in twenty-two different colors!
10. One sheep can produce up to 30-lbs of wool per year!